A Paramedic Friendly Website
A Paramedic Friendly Website
Being a student in paramedicine and knowing we have lots of reports to fill in, this website can be very useful, not only for students but also for paramedics already on the field.
Thank you for watching
SCRIPT
" Hi there, today I will show you a very useful website that I have learnt to love.
So, I am a Prehospital Emergency Care student in my second year of learning. This is a technical program so it is very specific to the profession I will be working in later on. Being a paramedic in Quebec, specifically in Montreal, you don't really have a choice to know at least some basic English. If like me, you speak English quite well and can carry a conversation, it does not necessarily mean that you can also write perfectly. I personally can sound out words pretty well, but when it comes to writing it down, it becomes difficult.
The website I will be talking to you about today can help with this specific issue. When you are in the medical field, in this case, a paramedic, you have medical reports to fill in after every intervention, as soon as you've had contact with a patient. Words that can be difficult to write down are often medical terms, so let me show you how to make it easier.
The website in question is the virtual writing tutor. When you get on your search engine, you'll want to type that in. You'll want to click on the first one at the top of your screen, and that will bring you to the home screen of the website.
So, if you can sound out the sentence that you want to write in your report, You will want to come in the middle of the screen, on the text box. At the bottom of your text box, to the right, you'll find a little microphone that you will be able to click on to sound out your sentence.
For example, I'll sound out one of the sentences I could write on a report, which is ;
"We gave the patient some Ventolin with the nebulizer and his hyperventilation decreased. It was discovered that he was asthmatic. "
So then you get your sentence. You simply click on the check grammar icon at the top left side of the text box, copy paste the suggestion to your errors, and this will give you a perfect sentence.
I hope this was useful, thank you for listening. "
Comments
Post a Comment