Introduction
Hi
I'm a 21 year old Cegep student in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care which is the fancy title for an EMT student. I'm currently in my second year of this program and I must say that I love it.
If you are wondering how I chose this field of work, well here it is!
It's not a sad or a happy story, it is very simple actually. I was in my second year of social science and my first goal was to become a therapist. I really liked what I was learning but I always found myself searching for something else to do and I told myself that if I kept searching, it probably meant that I wasn't as decided as I thought.
I was driving with my mom one day somewhere in Montreal and my aunt called us saying that she got in a accident on one of the many highways in the city. My mom was really worried and she is Italian (if you know, you know), so she decided to go join my aunt to make sure everything was ok even if my uncle was on his way.
When we got there, the paramedics were already with my aunt. She was more then ok, but they still checked her and answered my moms questions. That's when I realized that I would really like to do what they did.
It's not the trauma cases, the big accidents or the cardiac arrests that made turn towards this program, but the reassuring part of it. The fact of being there for people that don't necessarily have death threatening conditions.
There you have it for the first part of this blog :)
Ivory-Ann

Comments
Post a Comment